Re: HP NCR 53c400a SCSI card under Linux anyone?

=?iso-8859-1?B?Sm9z6SBBbelyaWNvIFJpbw==?= (jaasr@mail.telepac.pt)
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 05:21:42 -0000

I have this card working with the scanner an kernell 2.0.33.
Tomorrow i mail you the details cause i´m changing adress but i can say i
patched the kernel with the patch
ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/mustek-scsi-patch-0.5.gz
make modules; make modules_install
and then follow the instructions
ah before i made a device /dev/scanner with mknod.....21.....
read on the scsi howto as i dont remender well
insmod sg_xxxx your parameters
xscanimage mustek

thats it, it works better than under windows

if you cannot runit i´ll mail to me at
jar@students.fct.unl.pt

José Américo Rio
final year Eng Physics Student