Re: sane 0.69, Irix 6.3

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:05:54 -0500

Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> The first problem I ran into when trying to build it was, I wasn't
> able to use gcc. I had to use SGI's cc, because something is going
> wrong when sane tries to create shared libraries. It's apparently
> not doing the right thing for Irix, because ld complains:

Looks like your copy of cc/gcc is generating n32 object files; you
should definitely stick to o32 for now (gcc only supports this model).

> First, lalloca.h was trouble. You're including lalloca.h before
> config.h because of AIX -- but on SGI, <alloca.h> must be included
> before alloca() can be used, and <alloca.h> only gets included if
> config.h has defined HAVE_ALLOCA_H... Which means that on SGI,
> config.h must come before lalloca.h. So a whole bunch of files
> needed to have the ifdefs tweaked.
>
> I had to add a missing argument in sanei_scsi.c. I guessed "0".

I'll have a look at your changes to sanei_scsi.c and see if I can see
what's gone wrong with all the changes since 0.63 (I think that was the
first version my SCSI additions made it in...)

BTW, I'll have a precompiled distribution for SANE 0.69 available
sometime this week once I get things tested fully.