Re: xerox settings for DINA4

Joachim Woll (woll@physik.uni-kassel.de)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 17:09:51 +0100

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Henning Sauer wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > the xerox script that comes with sane-0.68 seems to expect the width and
> > length in inches and as here in Germany we use the metric system and I
> > would like to copy DINA4 papers I'm searching for the right settings for
> > DINA4.
>
> A4 media is 8.27x11.69 inches.

Yes might be, but with this settings pnmtops ist scaling the image in a
waythat it appears compressed on the paper.
That what "xerox" should do is just a copy without any scaling.
And I really dont know how to do this.
Another thing is the brightness option for scanimage.
Using my mustek-scanner this option simply does not work.

Best regards,
Joachim