Re: xscanimage won't start

Jeremy Rosenberger (jeremyr@gte.net)
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 00:38:25 -0700

Lutz Stege (lutz@cenit3.muc.bmw.de) wrote:

> Using sane 0.68.1 with Linux 2.0.32 I had a problem with starting
> xscanimage. Although setting SANE_DEBUG_DLL to 128, there is no error, no
> warning, no info onto the screen. No xscanimage comes up, only the new
> prompt will appear. Nevertheless scanimage works very well. With sane 0.63
> xscanimage worked fine. Any ideas? Perhaps there is something wrong with a
> dynamic library?

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to you, but I can share that I'm
having the same problem on Red Hat Linux 5.0 (kernel 2.0.33). Again,
scanimage works fine, but xscanimage terminates immediately upon being
run, with no output or anything. Even xscanimage -h does nothing.

In addition, when the GIMP (0.99.16) attempts to autodetect xscanimage
as a plug-in, I get the following message:query plug-in:

"/usr/local/lib/gimp/0.99/plug-ins/xscanimage"

/usr/local/lib/gimp/0.99/plug-ins/xscanimage: Segmentation fault
caught
[n]othing, [e]xit, [s]tack trace, [a]ttach to process:

Curiously, this is also happening with the jpeg and xpm plug-ins. If
anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Regards,
Jeremy

--

Jeremy Rosenberger mailto:jlr4@cornell.edu * http://home1.gte.net/jeremyr/