Re: Scanner not recognized on 2nd SCSI Host

Philipp Klan (philipp.klan@writeme.com)
Thu, 04 Dec 1997 00:27:22 +0100

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Philipp> I'm using kernel 2.0.30, a Symbios Logic 8751SP as a
> Philipp> primary SCSI controller with a hard drive, a CD-ROM and a
> Philipp> CD-Writer attached, a Symbios Logic 8100S as a secondary
> Philipp> SCSI controller with only my scanner attached to the
> Philipp> external connector. Back when I only had the 8100S adapter
> Philipp> the board recognized my scanner on bootup but now it
> Philipp> doesn't. Instead, I get the following messages:
>
> Your problem might be due to incorrect SCSI termination. Check the
> SCSI Howtoq for details.

I took the same termination as when I still had only one SCSI adapter. The
externalconnector of my adapter is a DB50 mini connector connected to a 50pin CENTRONICS
on my scanner. The 25pin DB connector on my scanner is terminated with an
active terminator. So this cannot be the problem.

Philipp