Re: Umax Astra 1200S problems!

Peter Daum (gator@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:32:13 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Caldera OpenLinux User wrote:
[...]
> The problem is that the scanned image has it's top filled with "junk" -
> black stripes and dots.It's the same with the preview. Half the page is
> filled with "junk" after which the real top of the scanner bed appears.
> This was not the case with the HP scanner. The question is naturally if
> there is something I can do to fix it.

Since you asked: No, I have never experienced these problems with
my Astra 1200S. The scanner is - in peaceful coexistence with a
harddisk & a tape drive - runnning with an "Asus SC-200" (=NCR
810) SCSI controller. I have been using various versions of sane
(0.65-0.67), gtk+ (9708xx, 971025) and the Linux kernel
(2.1.42/65) ...

regards,
Peter