Re: Make OS2 Binaries ?

Stefan Knodt (sknodt@bluewin.ch)
Tue, 04 Nov 97 03:21:16 +0100

On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 10:00:43 -0800, Jeff Freedman wrote:

>To build it yourself, you need quite a lot of stuff (also on Hobbes):
> 1. EMX GCC v. 09c or higher.
Got it
> 2. All the various GNU utilities, including make.
Got it (completely I guess)
> 3. KSH.
Got it, Version 5.27

>You also have to do some things to make your system look UNIXy:
> 1. The tools and build dir. should be in the same partition.
Done
> 2. Make a "/usr/bin" directory, and copy ksh.exe to sh.exe
> there (so the shell scripts are all happy).
Done as well as "/bin"
> 3. Create a fake "ln" shell script that just does a copy, and
> that strips out the '-s' option.
Hmm, do what ?
Sorry but I do not know what a "ln" script is. :-(
Do you have a sample for me ?
And what do you mean with '-s' option ?

>You should then be able to run the "configure" script, using the
>"configure.os2" script. I still get an error about "cmp" not being
>found, but it doesn't seem to matter.
I got the followin errors
configure.: configure.[3360]: cmp: not found
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
./config.status: ./config.status[121]: expr: not found
./config.status: ./config.status[121]: expr: not found

>Finally, there's one config. item that I haven't automated: In the
>"Makefile" in "frontend", you have to change the executable name
>"scanimage" to "scanimage.exe" in a couple of places. (Feel free to fix
>this in configure.in if you get this far :-).)
I will take a look at it

>Let me know if I've forgotten anything.
As soon as I can make it

Stefan