Re: Mustek scanner problems... Not recognized

Wolfgang Jung (woju@keep.in-berlin.de)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:14:49 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 1997 at 10:02:17AM -0700, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Craig> I have a Mustek Paragon IISP (600 II CD) scanner that I can't
> Craig> seem to get to work with SANE. In fact, it doesn't seem that
> Craig> the SCSI card is recognized at all. The SCSI adapter is the
> Craig> one shipped by Mustek... It is a DTC3181E. I tried the patch
> Craig> recommended by the man pages, but that doesn't seem to help
> Craig> either. Can anyone give me any insights into how to get this
> Craig> working?
>
> As the sane-mustek(5) man-page explains: dump the dtc3181 card for a
> cheap 53c810 or similar controller.

had Problems getting the supplied to work, and gave up after I found
an 5c400 which run with W95 and Linux....
But anyways the best solution is either to hook it up at the normal SCSI
or the best adding a second(first) SCSI Adapter into the System.

I used the latter, running now two SCSI adapters.

Gruss
Wolfgang