Re: Java API

Guido Muesch (odiug@faho.rwth-aachen.de)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:54:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On 10 Oct, Jeff Freedman wrote:
> [..]
>
> If you were using native methods under JDK 1.0.x, you'll find that the
> interface is GREATLY improved under 1.1.x, and there's even a nice
> tutorial on the javasoft site that shows how to use it.
Well, my intention was not to use native methods. For simplicity and
because I wanted to use it in a Webbrowser later. I was mainly doing
this with the intention to view pictures from my quickcam. I
understand that using a scanner through the networkinterface must be
very slow. But for a B/W camera it should be sufficient. The quickcam
is not that fast anyway.

Maybe when we both got a bit farer, we might try to synchronize our
Java API or even merge the code. I will continue to keep my focus on
the network interface and try to produce at least something like
scanimage in java.

Ciao
Guido

--