Re: Astra 600S, ncr 53c875 (tekram) SCI solved

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:26:46 -0400

Preston Brown writes:
>I fixed the SCSI timeout/hang problems by download a SCSI module driver
>DIRECT FROM TEKRAM (ftp.tekram.com). This driver works MUCH better than
>the generic ncr driver incl. in RedHat 4.2. Perhaps the crew at redhat
>will include it in their next release, as this card becomes more popular
>and gains momentum.

It may work much better for you, but I don't have widespread evidence
that this is true in general. There are already two different drivers
for that series of card in the kernel, and I'd rather see the author
of the better of those two drivers see what went wrong in this case
and fix it than include a third. That's getting rediculous...

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz