Re: Umax Astra 600S problems

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:14:03 -0400

Preston Brown writes:
>I finally got my 600S hooked up. I can get one preview scan (Grayscale)
>out of the beast, or one "regular" scan. Then I start getting SCSI bus
>errors:
>What does this mean?

I'd imagine that the author of the SCSI driver would be better able
to answer that. I haven't tried using an 875; an 810 seems to work
fine.

This is probably caused by SCSI bus resets generated by the scanner.
I've always found that the ncr53c8xx driver that you are using is
capable of handling them on an 810.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz