Then, after much gnashing of teeth, I discovered that, in frontend/saned.c, in
check_host(), one does two strcmp(3) to check the connecting party's hostname to
those in saned.conf. These should really be strcasecmp(3)s, since DNS-entries
are case-insensitive (and yes, that's why I couldn't get it to work before).
This should definitly be fixed in 0.64.
And now for some good news:
I got the Nikon LS-1000 to scan at 300 and 2700 dpi using Didier's
code! Hurrah! But there are still quite a lot of work left...
-- Per Harald Myrvang firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.azstarnet.com/~axplinux/sane/ To unsubscribe: mail -s unsubscribe email@example.com