Re: Backtracking in color scanning

shendrix@gypsy.atlantic.infi.net
Tue, 02 Sep 97 10:48:00 -0400

In message <19970901104750.53420@drawbridge.in-berlin.de>
woju@keep.in-berlin.de (> ) writes:

> Just calcualte the Data the scanner needs to transfer.
> As Far as I could find the Mustek Scanner justs uses async transfer
> to the HOST which could be as slow as 1.5MB/S (even if you Adapter
> could get up to 7MB/s )
> An tiny Area of 1" times 1" brings you with 24 Bit and 1200 dpi Color
> into 4320000 Bytes of Imagedata. if the scanner is able to scan that within
> 1 Second the scanner needs to stop to get rid of the
> Data.

Well, under Windows95 it usually never did backtracking. When it did,
it only backed up half the number of times it does with sane. This
was with the little cheap controller it came with too.

There had got to be a way to get it as fast as under Windows. My scanner
is backtracking every half inch sometimes. Under Win95 it always moved at
least a couple of inches before backtracking.