Re: Agfa Snapscan driver?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:39:17 -0400

David Mosberger-Tang writes:
> Michel> If not, I have just got some specs for it from Agfa (in
> Michel> Word-format). I'm not a good programmer, if someone might
> Michel> help me then maybe I can do some work (programming and
> Michel> testing).
>
>That's good news! Let's hope somebody comes forward with such a
>scanner and the time/knowledge to write such a driver. If you want to
>give it a shot on your own, you might want to look at some existing
>backends. Depending on what the Agfa protocol looks like, the HP,
>Mustek, or UMAX backend may provide a useful starting point. If you
>have any questions, feel free to drop a note.

Someone told me a year and a half ago that my umax source looked like
it would be easy to modify to support agfa scanners, and that he had
specs that agfa gave him. He promptly disappeared from the net, though,
so I don't know how true that is... :-)

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz