Re: More on Mustek 8000SP adventures...

Gregory Trubetskoy (grisha@ispol.com)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:35:16 -0400 (EDT)

This is very clear, there is no question about it. However, this belongs
in the INSTALLATION instructions, not just the man page.

I always think of man pages as something you read once everything is
installed and works.

I am not stupid, I do read man pages, I know what RTFM is, all this - and
yet, I did exactly the same thing that the man page describes below, only
I figured it out myself. Had this been in the README file, it'd save me
about 3 hours. ( The README doesn't say "go read scsi-sane(5) man page. )

There need to be better installation, and more importantly *testing*
instructions. ( E.g. run this command, then try to open the resulting file
with xv or something )

It seems that all the documentation is there, just in the least intuitive
place. It took me a while to figure out that there was in fact a sane-scsi
man page...

Am I the only one?

Forgive my rambling!

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy