Re: Help: Umax Vista-S6E & xscanimage / umax-sane problem

Amancio Hasty (hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:21:08 -0700

Just post on the freebsd hackers mailing list cause it looks like
a scsi driver problem. I am running FreeBSD-3.0 with a UMAX S-12
and don't have any such problems over here. The problem that you
are describing sounds like a problem with sending a scsi command
to the scanner. You can enable scsi command trace and pinpoint which
command is giving you problems;alternatively, you can use sane's
trace facility by settting SANE_DEBUG_UMAX 255 or see the sane
documentation for the exact environment variable.

Regards,
Amancio